Psoriasis (young people)
Being at school or university, studying and psoriasis
Not everyone we spoke to had psoriasis while they were in education (school, college, sixth form, university), but those who had found it could cause extra problems and considerations.Some of the issues people experienced include:
- symptoms, such as itchiness, or side effects from treatments made it hard to concentrate or take part in classes
- coping with triggers from studying, including stress about exams
- bullying at school and/or feeling self-conscious about psoriasis and treatments
- taking time off for medical appointments
- extra support – including for exams, on school trips and during classes.