- healthtalk.org is freely accessible for personal use by the general public but if you are using the website in a professional capacity, we ask for a contribution towards the upkeep of the website. Please see further information about our fees and how to pay.
Why use healthtalk.org in teaching or other professions?
- Access tens of thousands of video and audio clips of people sharing their experiences of more than 100 health conditions and related issues.
- Have confidence in the reliability of the resource.The site is backed up by Oxford University research, as well as being accredited by the NHS Information Standard and by the RCGP as a learning resource.
- Improve learners’ knowledge retention, confidence and exam results (Snow et al 2016)*.
See our charges for streaming or linking to our website, and for copies of clips in file format.Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your work email address and let us know which clips you would like to use, either by sending the link and name of the clip or by creating a scrapbook.
* Does hearing the patient perspective improve consultation skills in examinations? An exploratory randomized controlled trial in medical undergraduate education. Rosamund Snow, Joanna Crocker, Katherine Talbot, Jane Moore & Helen Salisbury (2016), Medical Teacher,38:12, 1229-1235, DOI: 10.1080/0142159X.2016.1210109
The best teaching is taught by the patient himself
Sir William Osler, Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford (1905-1920)